How should I find a new lawyer? 2 Answers as of September 10, 2010

I was involved in an accident with a semi truck a while back. I found a lawyer through the California bar website but was very unhappy with the consultation and associated costs. How should I find an attorney who is familiar with such cases? Thank you so much in advance!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Tomalas Law Firm
Tomalas Law Firm | Ryan Tomalas
There are numerous ways to find a lawyer. Depending upon where you are located you can look to local bar associations or attorney associations (for example most areas have Trial Lawyer Associations - we are members of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Associations - and those associations generally have referral services) other possibilities are to contact a local Law School (as many of them have lists of alumni that practice in the area) or the American Inn of Court (this is a legal fraternity with chapters around the country and is focused on the ethical practice of law - we are members of the James P. Gray Inn of Court in Orange County). If you are interested in discussing your case with our office (we specialize in personal injury law) - the call and consultation are free and we work on a contingency fee, meaning that we don't get paid until we recover money on your behalf - please give us a call.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/10/2010
The Law Office of Denis White
The Law Office of Denis White | Denis Hurley White Jr.
There are a great number of civil attorneys in the Sacramento Area that deal with Personal Injury claims. A better source than the California State Bar Association would be the Capital City Trial Lawyers Association, of which I am a member. Its membership seems to be based in Sacramento. There is no substitute for visiting the law office and the lawyer that will be handling your case. Call some of the numbers, make some appointments and spend some of your own time sizing them up. You should be as comfortable with your choice of a lawyer as you would be with picking a doctor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2010
Click to View More Answers: