How should I draw up my wills? 5 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I have a will for years only have one child 2 grandchildren daughter just got a very nasty divorce. I am with a man now but do not want either to get anything from my hard work. How do I change my will so down line, only one will be daughter & grandchildren. If she gets remarried, I do not want my house to be anyones.

You should have an Estate Planning Attorney assist you. There are specific provisions and language you should use to effectuate your wishes and the attorney will best be able to guide you through the process.
MRM Law Offices
MRM Law Offices | Matthew Miller
Draft a will that revokes all previous wills. In your restated estate plan clearly state everything you wish to happen. You should be careful of your spouses elective share. You should have an attorney draft you an trust estate plan.
The best way to make sure your wishes are not followed is to write something yourself. The best way to protect assets is to see a lawyer. In some cases you may use things other than a will to transfer some assets, such as deeds retaining life estates, joint tenancies, trusts, etc. The will that predates your divorce is an immediate problem, so do not wait to have it redone.