How should I deal with a protective order in Louisiana? 2 Answers as of November 13, 2010

My ex claims that she is going to file a protective order or injunction against me. We got into a verbal argument when we broke up and now she is claiming that I am "stalking" her. I have not even spoken with her since we broke up. Are they gonna grant something like this? Will it go on my record if they do? Do I need a lawyer to fight it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs | Craig Gibbs
You can fight it with a lawyer. They do not always grant orders.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 11/13/2010
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
If she alleges that you are stalking her in an application for a temporary restraining order (TRO), the court will most likely grant the TRO until the hearing on the motion for a regular protective order. I would get a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 11/12/2010
Click to View More Answers: