How often do auto accident personal injury cases settle out of court if those involved live in Washington? 4 Answers as of March 15, 2011

How often do auto accident personal injury cases settle out of court if those involved live in Washington?

Pivotal Law Group, PLLC
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC | Christopher L. Thayer
Well over 90%, probably closer to 95%, but whether or not your case settles is going to depend on the specific facts of your case.
Magnuson Lowell P.S.
Magnuson Lowell P.S. | Richard S. Lowell
Every case is different - but in general, I would estimate that 90+% of cases settle.
Premier Law Group
Premier Law Group | Jason Epstein
Most cases settle out of court, however, really it is a question of whether the insurance company involved makes a reasonable offer. When the insurance company doesn't make reasonable offers, you are forced to file a lawsuit to get what is fair.
Shaw Law Firm
Shaw Law Firm | Steven L. Shaw
That depends on too many factors to answer with any certainty, but of the cases that I take on, about half are settled before filing suit, about half after. A very small percentage actually makes it to a full-blown trial. But that can be different from attorney to attorney - some like to litigate, some hate it. And that doesn't take into consideration all those cases that get settled, or abandoned, by people who never call an attorney.