How often could people actually win their cases against insurance companies? 14 Answers as of May 25, 2015

How often do people actually get good settlement money from insurance companies? Is it even worth it?

Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Well that depends on a # of factors, such as the nature of the claim, the liability facts, the extent of damages, whether damages are continuing, etc. My suggestion would be to get a free consultation (on the phone or in person) with a local personal injury attorney that regularly handles the type of case you may have. They can explore more of the details with you, let you know how the law is trending in your kind of case and in your jurisdiction, and give you a possible range of results that may occur if you present the claim. Good luck.
You seem to be asking two questions: how often can you get a good settlement from an insurer, and how often can you win in court. The answer, of course, is that it depends on the facts of the case, and how persuasively they are presented to the insurer and to the judge or jury. Retain an experienced personal injury lawyer. It's almost always worth it. Good Luck.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
The response entirely depends on the nature and type of case you are referring to. The insurance companies have a legal duty to pay reasonably for their insured's negligent conduct. How much depends on numerous factors. Most of the time they will pay far less to those that don't have legal counsel who are experienced.
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A. | John W. Merting
The vast majority of cases are settled, especially the smaller ones. Insurance companies only settle case when they believe it is in their best economic interest to do so.
Of the cases that go to trial, most are won by the insurance company. Consult with a lawyer.
    Hard to say with respect to the qualification of "good" settlement money. The axiom is: "a good settlement is one in which both sides walk away unhappy" The Plaintiff's lawyers try to get the insurance companies to pay more than they want to pay and the Defendant's lawyers try to get the Plaintiffs to take less than what they want to take. As for a "win" at trial, I'd say less than 50% of the time, because juries tend to be skeptical. As for success overall, I'd say its pretty good because there is a screening process: I can't tell you the number of potential cases I've turned down because I didn't think the case would be strong enough; I'm sure every Plaintiff's lawyer does the same. So, when we do present a case, it usually does have at least some merit, though some are stronger than others, and some are long-shots. Yeah, it's worth it.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    If another person was and fault and you have injuries you should win. Hire a lawyer.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    Depends on too many factors. You need to provide more details.
    A simple question that would take a book to fully answer. Whether its worth it, I can't answer without more facts. Why not get a free conference with an injury lawyer?
    Most cases settle. Good luck.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    What will happen will depend on the facts of your case. If you were seriously injured and it was the other person's fault, it will probably be a good idea to hire a personal injury lawyer to make a claim. A case would have to be filed within three years of the date you were injured.
    Your question makes no sense. It is much too broad. Each case depends upon it own facts, etc. Insurance companies try to pay out as little as they can but their insureds are sued all the time and sometimes collect large sums.
    The settlement depends on the damages, see an attorney with the details.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Can you say whether your claim involves compensation for an accidental injury?