How much is a Wrist Tendonitius and Carpal Tunnel injury claim worth, workers compensation? 11 Answers as of August 22, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
The cost of fixing it, and the amount of lost wages while recuperating.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/22/2013
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Depends entirely on what the doctor says, your average weekly wages and how long you are out of work.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 7/24/2013
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
If you have a permanent injury, you may be able to get a "schedule award" which is based on a formula depending on the extent of your disability and your rate of pay, offset by payments you have already received. But you should get some advice as to whether the schedule award is your best option. Depending on your situation, you may be better off getting disability payments and having your medical expenses taken care of
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/24/2013
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
It depends on your impairment (disability) rating. You'll be entitled to that rating times 170 weeks at $220/wk.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/23/2013
Law Offices of Andrew C. Sigal | Andrew C. Sigal
You need to consult with an attorney who specializes in Workers Compensation law.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/23/2013
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    Injuries are rated by the work limitations not their fundamental nature. So you need to give more information, together with the State you are in, lost work, what a doctor says as to the work restrictions, etc.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/23/2013
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    Recovery depends on many factors, primarily, how much you earn and residual deficits. The injury range is probably between $2,500.00 and $18,000.00. You need an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 7/23/2013
    It depends on many factors such as whether injuries are bilateral and both wrists require surgeries. I would say any where from 20K to 50K.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/23/2013
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    Generally your income benefits are two thirds of your average weekly wage at the time of your disability. If you are negotiating a settlement for total disability the amount would be based on your average weekly wage multiplied by the number of weeks you would be expected to work until your retirement. You should designate or set aside part of that money for medical treatment and care.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
    Replied: 7/23/2013
    Strickland Law, PLLC
    Strickland Law, PLLC | Jeffrey S. Strickland
    The potential value of a workers' compensation injury in Tennessee is based upon nurmerous factors. Presuming that the employer/insurance carrier accepted the injury as compensable, the impairment rating provided by the treating doctor (or maybe from an IME doctor), your compensation rate (a percentage of your average weekly wage) and whether or not you can return to work for your pre-injury wages are all part of the calculations. It is always worth discussing with an attorney, as you do not want to leave money on the table.
    Answer Applies to: Tennessee
    Replied: 7/23/2013
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    What state? What is your occupation and Average Weekly Wage ? What is your age and occupation? Can you return to your former work after surgery? Was the condition caused by repetitive trauma or acute injury? Is your employer accepting liability or contesting that your work caused the condition? If employer is contesting causation can you prove condition is work related . And finally WHY DON'T YOU HIRE A LAWYER ? Do that and find out the value if anything of your claim.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 7/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: