How much would it cost to get a DUI expunged from my record? 7 Answers as of April 21, 2011

I was convicted of a DUI in 2005, my fines are paid in full and my probation is complete. Am I eligible for the DUI to be expunged from my record? How much does it cost? How long does it take?

If you have complied with the probation requirements and are not currently on probation or accused, you are eligible. You can find the forms on line (a court's web site, the administrative office of the courts, as examples). The statute allows the county to charge upto $160.00. Some courts try and charge a filing fee, but that is illegal.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
If it is a Santa Clara Cty. case we charge $1000 including all fees. It takes about 3 weeks after our fee is paid.
Law Office of Thomas J. Ogas
Law Office of Thomas J. Ogas | Thomas Ogas
You're eligible. It would take a couple of months, depending on the court. Cost also depends on which court the case is in. I can give you a quote if you let me know where the case is.
I practice in San Diego and charge a flat $1500 for an expungement. Sound like you are eligible. It takes about a month to accomplish. Good luck!
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
You can get the conviction "expunged" under Penal Code 1203.4 if probation was completed and any restitution was paid. It is legally referred to as a "dismissal" However, there are limitations. Most importantly, the conviction is still "priorable" for 10 years after conviction, meaning if you get another DUI before 2015, you'll be treated as a second offender. Cops and DA's will still be able to see it on your record. While, for the most part, you can deny the conviction for private employment applications, certain government jobs and licensing applications still require you to admit it. See a specialist for more information. Cost-wise, the filing fees can be up to $120, plus attorney fees which range from $250 to $1500 depending on the attorney.