How much will it cost to get my record expunged? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I just finished EMT School, am having trouble getting hired for the charges that I have on my police record. I was charged for New Orleans but it was dismissed. Is there anyway I can have my marijuana charge expunged?

Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs | Craig Gibbs
Yes, it would not cost that much.
NOLA Criminal Law
NOLA Criminal Law | Townsend Myers
Yes. You can file for an expungement under La R.S. 44:9, asking the court to expunge your arrest because the charges were dismissed. The arrest would then only be available to law enforcement, and would not be seen by potential employers. The fees vary: in Orleans Parish the court costs are $200.00. There is also a State Police fee of $250.00 (statewide), so the total in Orleans is $450.00. You can do it yourself without a lawyer, or you can hire lawyer. Typical attorney fees to handle an expungement are between $500.00 and $1000.00.
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
It very well may be possible to have your charges expunged. This will depend upon the specific nature of your charges, the date that you were arrested/charged, the parish in which the charges were filed, and the current disposition of those charges.

We have a lot of experience filing expungements in a number of parishes in Louisiana. Can you take a few minutes to call our office and speak to our administrative assistant who will be able to use your information to determine what sort of cost you will be looking at? If so, please use the information on this page to contact us and we would be glad to conduct your free case evaluation and quote.