How much time would I get if I turned myself in for a retail fraud 2nd degree? 7 Answers as of July 24, 2014

I got charged for a retail fraud 2nd degree and I skipped court because I was scared. I've never been a trouble maker and have a baby on the way and the judge I had is notorious for giving out full time for small offenses.

You were much better off by hiring an attorney and heading directly to court. By skipping court, you have only made it worse. Still, your only option is to hire counsel and face the music now.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It is a misdemeanor. Generally a 90 day maximum. Too bad you skipped out, for that looks bad. You, if no attorney, May be able to talk to prosecutor for deal. Ask for diversion, explain why you skipped out. At arraignment plead not guilty and ask for attorney if cannot afford one. If want to handle it yourself, talk to prosecutor when scheduled to after pleading not guilty.
You will need to turn yourself in so the matter can get resolved. If not, it will always be hanging over your head and it only gets worse the longer you wait. Plus, you run the risk of getting hauled into jail the next time you come into contact with the police, no matter how inconvenient the timing. Find a lawyer with experience representing retail fraud or shoplifting charges before you particular judge. Most criminal defense attorneys offer free initial consultations. It is unusual to be given actual jail time upfront for first offense retail fraud, but some judges might. You may even qualify for a diversion program which would keep the matter off your public record.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
It is impossible to know what you will get, unfortunately. It will not bode well for you that you skipped your court date, as judges do not look upon such an action fondly. At this point your best bet would be to hire an experienced defense attorney that can hopefully work with the prosecutor to try and get your charge reduced or at least keep you out of new trouble for skipping your court date.
Get an attorney, you have compounded you problems.
    VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
    If you have no priors you might be able to plea bargain down to the lesser misdemeanor which has max 93 days but as always it depends on court, judge and prosecuting authority as well as PSI by probation dept. Probably better to turn yourself in before you get picked up. Possible to get additional jail time for contempt on your no show. Hire a good local attorney and trust them to get the job done.
    Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
    Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
    Sounds like you need a lawyer.