How much time should I expect to serve for stolen property? 3 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I have warrants for 3rd degree grand theft, dealing in stolen property, and defrauding a pawn broker. I know you can tell me how much time I will get and I know the max. sentence but what would be a typical sentence for crimes like these having only had a dui and marijuana possession charge? Also How much would a lawyer cost from beginning to end for this case "typically"?

Gutin and Wolverton
Gutin and Wolverton | Harley Gutin
Depending on the Judge, Prosecutor and your attorney. I have handled many cases of this nature and obtained probationary results. If there is a prior record that could lead to a higher score on the score sheet and possible prison time.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
You may not necessarily receive any time based on your prior record. Of course, this depends on the facts of the case as well. The maximum sentence for Dealing in Stolen Property is 15 years, Grand Theft, typically five, but it depends on the value. Another 5 years on the Defrauding a Pawn Broker. As to cost of an attorney, that will greatly depend on the location of the charge and the quality of attorney you are seeking. You may find anything from $2,500.00 on the low end to $10,000.00 on the high end. The attorney that charges the most is not necessarily the best attorney or the best attorney for your case. The internet can be a wonderful resource for searching for attorneys. I suggest you do your homework. Good luck.