How much time does it take to get a work permit? 3 Answers as of August 13, 2012

how long does it take to get work permit when my mom file for me and i am over 21 and married

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You must have a filed and viable application for residence. The wait for adult married child of a US Citizen is very long indeed, about seven years.
You are not eligible for employment authorization until you have an application for adjustment of status pending. The petition filed by your mother is a preference petition, which means you cannot seek adjustment of status until an immigrant visa is available. If you are currently in the U.S. without valid immigration status, you should speak to an experienced immigration attorney about your case. You may not be eligible to adjust your status in the U.S.
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
Generally it takes about 60 days to process a work permit application, but there are circumstances in which a work permit issuance may take longer due to issues in the application or may not even be issued because USCIS may approve the underlying petition which would make the applicant eligible for work authorization.