How much time does home invasion carry? 11 Answers as of July 25, 2013

I have several questions one of them is how much time does home invasion carry with an attempted murder & robbery? Can any of these charges be dropped down to a lower charge?

15+ years.
This depends on the facts since there are three degrees of home invasion and the facts are important. I would need to have a lot more details.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your case. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
The Law Office of Harry S. Steinmetz
The Law Office of Harry S. Steinmetz | Harry Steinmetz
The standard sentencing range in Washington State depends of the seriousness level of the offense and the individuals criminal record, as well as sentencing enhancements and other currents offenses. So it's impossible to give you a good answer. Further, any of these charges can se dropped down or lowered, the real question is why would the State agree to that? Lack of proof or mitigating circumstances are generally the reasons.
All the charges can be amended by the prosecutor. I would imagine, however, even with a perfectly clean record, you are facing a minimum of 14 years in [prison on the attempted first degree murder charge alone.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    Respectfully, you shouldn't be using this web-site to ask questions like this. You should retain legal counsel, or discuss these matters with your public defender. These are serious charges for which the defendant could be convicted to a lengthy jail sentence of up to 25 years. You should not be using this web-site as a substitute for legal counsel, and you should not be discussing your case with anyone other than your lawyer.
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
    These are very, very serious offenses. You need to contact and speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
    Facts Post has none . Also, what do you mean by dropped down to a lower charge?
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Possibly life. While it might be possible to negotiate a lesser charges in a plea bargain, the prosecution does not have to agree to that.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Any of those charges can be dropped or plea bargained but they all carry prison time.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    In Minnesota the conviction could be up to 20 years, With the right negotiation it may be able to be dropped to lower charges.