How much time do I have before my eviction? 4 Answers as of July 11, 2013

I received a 30 day notice, within that 30 days received 5 day notice by property owner [not sheriff], do I have 30 days or 5 days?

Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law | Michael R. Nack
What state?
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
In Colorado, the amount of time you have to vacate after you receive notice of unlawful detainer depends upon the length of the lease term. You do not state in your question whether there was already a judgment subject to a writ of restitution. I cannot answer your question without more facts. If you're not in Colorado, you can phone an attorney in your state. You can also try contacting Legal Aid which often times provides landlord-tenant assistance based upon your income.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You actually have more time. If the 30 days is a Notice of Termination of Month to Month tenancy, at end of 30 days if you do not move, landlord has to file an unlawful detainer complaint. You have 5 days to answer complaint. Court will set trial for around 30 days. Sheriff will then give you about 2 weeks to move before formal eviction.