How much time can one get for DUI and running from police? 6 Answers as of October 09, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
12-24 months in jail.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/9/2013
Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
It depends on whether they are charged as felonies or misdemeanors. The maximum sentence on a misdemeanor is one year.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/8/2013
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Each offense carries with it a max sentence of 1 year in jail and a $5,000.00 fine.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/8/2013
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Time to shop for a DUI specialist.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/8/2013
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
A first time DUI in Minnesota with no prior DUIs and no enhancements would be up to 90 days, the same as fleeing on foot. This time can often be suspended or significantly reduced. It is best to have an attorney review specific cases for more accurate information.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 10/7/2013
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
    In MA, by statute, you can receive up to 2.5 years on the DUI alone, as well as additional time from the additional charge. I don't know if they charged you with Failure to Stop, Resisting Arrest or even a few other possible charges from your "running from police." However, realistically it will depend on your previous criminal history and the facts of the case. You certainly need an attorney and s/he should be able to give you a much more likely appraisal. If its a1st offense DUI and you have no previous record, you may very well be able to avoid any jail time whatsoever. If you don't already have an attorney and your charges are in MA, you can call my office at the number listed below. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
    Replied: 10/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!