How much should I get from my auto accident which caused me to lose my senses of smell and taste? 2 Answers as of January 29, 2015

I was injured in a rear end collision 3 years ago. The guy was texting on his cell phone. I was stopped, waiting on oncoming traffic, to turn left into my driveway. Because of the injuries that I received, I have lost my senses of taste and smell. I have no recall of much until a week after but was told I had a concussion, a 1 and a half inch gash on my left cheek and crushed bones in my nose and sinus cavity. I had surgery 2 weeks later to repair the septum, remove broken bones from sinuses, reshape nasal bone structure and basically sew my nose back on. Now I can't smell or taste anything and have frequent migraines. The guy's insurance company offered me $37,000.00 a year ago for medical damages. All my medical bills were around $100,000. I feel I deserve much more. What do you think? I turned their offer down and haven't heard from them.

Alabama has a two year statute of limitations that bars claims after the passage of the two years. IF wantonness is involved, you may get a longer statute of limitations. I would demand the policy limits of the driver that hit you, and put your underinsured carrier on notice of your claim. There are other legal issues at play. You should get legal counsel.
Case values vary significantly from case to case and place to place. It is best to consult a local experienced personal injury lawyer. However, I am sorry to tell you, but, unless suit is filed, your statute of limitations ran. It is 2 years from the date of accident in Alabama. Good luck.