How much should I expect to pay for an attorney to draw up a will? 10 Answers as of July 08, 2013

How much should I expect to pay an attorney for drawing up a will.

That depends on the lawyer and the complexity. My typical fee is usually around $250.
Raxter Law
Raxter Law | Jeremiah Raxter
My office charges $300 to draft a will. Each office charges differently but most offer a free consultation to determine your needs.
Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC
Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC | Dean D. Stein
That all depends on how large the estate is and how complex the distribution of property. $150 to several thousand.
E. Ray Critchett, LLC
E. Ray Critchett, LLC | Ray Critchett
Generally, the cost of a will depends on numerous factors such as real estate, heirs, Medicare and/or Medicaid planning or your goals in general. The best thing to do is to call a firm that handles estate planning and discuss your goals with them and they should be willing to tell you how much it will cost.
McCleary & Associates, PC
McCleary & Associates, PC | David M. McCleary
That is like asking how much is a carit will depend on what you want.
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
    You are paying for the attorney's time in assisting you with establishment of an estate plan. You probably need more than a Will. You may also need durable powers of attorney for health care and financial matters.
    Hello, It all depends upon the nature of the Will, the size of the Estate and whether you want exotic things within your Will, such as odd or differenttypes of Trusts or numerou Trusts. It will also depend upon whether you want additional documents prepared, which is fairly normal in such situations. By that I mean a health care proxy, livingWill and other documents. If you want a Power of Attorney, it can get much more expensive because a POAtakes as much time to execute as a Will. Basically, a single Will can start at as little as $450. and run as high as $3500. JointWills do not costtwice as much, but are more expensive than a singleWill. When you add in the additional documents, a normal Will can cost as much as $850-1000. andthe Power of Attorney can run aslittle as $500. to as much as $850. Of course, all of these numbers are just estimates because it can all change if the clienthas been doing business with the law office already or there are other considerations .Those numbers can also change substantially from office to office dependingupon the amount of time invested on behalf of the client.