How much of my shoplifting charge will show up on my background? 1 Answers as of June 07, 2017

I was caught shoplifting. I got a lawyer and went to court. I pled not guilty then next time, she had me write a letter explaining how remorseful I was. She gave it to the DA and the judge. They read it and then my lawyer asked the court to either drop or dismiss the case. The judge asked if the DA objected and he did not. I went and paid $100 for court costs and that was it. I am going to an orientation tomorrow for a job and need to fill out a background check. What was it called that I did? It was not deferred. It was called something else.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You entered a deferred prosecution. You will need to expunge your record for the charge to not show up.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: