How much must my husband provide for me to live on as a permanent resident in Washington? 1 Answers as of February 09, 2011

My husband is medically retired from the US Military and works. I am a US permanent resident and am mostly unemployed (I work one day a week). I have used all unemployment benefits allowed. How much, in a dollar amount, must he provide a month for me to live on? He is disputing me "living off of his income.”

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Washington, like most states, will not interfere in financial matters of intact marriages.

If you are divorcing him, you can apply to the court for some temporary spousal support. "Temporary" means that it lasts until a final decree of divorce is entered.

There is no specific dollar amount for spousal support in Washington. There are many factors to consider, most important are your needs and his ability to pay.

Don't argue with your husband. Unless he is a lawyer, he does not know the law and the court system. Just hire a lawyer and have the lawyer apply to the court.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: