How much jail time would I have to serve for 3 misdemeanors? 11 Answers as of April 22, 2013

I found out today, by a family member, that I have a misdemeanor offense and 3 warrants out for my arrest. I haven't heard about these before, and I'm nervous to find out what's in store for me. What can I do? How much jail time would I have to serve?

Your question depends on the charges and your history. Best to get a lawyer to help you.
First things first. You need to hire a lawyer to go recall those warrants. A lawyer can do this without you present for misdemeanors, so it is less risky for you.
Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
Potential jail time depends on what the alleged charges were and how the warrants were issued. You do have a right to a speedy trial, which puts the burden on the government to prosecute your case in a timely fashion. If your speedy trial rights were or were not violated is fact specific. Retain a criminal defense attorney to arrange the recall of the warrants and defend you in the underlying charges.
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
It depends on what level of misdemeanor it is. Is it a class A misdemeanor? If so, the potential sentence could be up to 1 year in prison and a fine of up to $1,000. Hire an attorney to find out what the warrants are for, or call the courts that issued the warrants and ask. Then hire an attorney to negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecutor to keep this off your permanent criminal record.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. First of all, since we do not have all the facts, it is not really possible to answer with complete accuracy. What are the charges? Usually a misdemeanor carries a jail sentence of up to one year. The jail sentences on your cases may run either concurrently or consecutively. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
    All depends on the charges.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Ultimately, sentencing depends on whether you are found guilty, your prior record, how serious these are in the court's eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Well without knowing what the charges are and all the facts, I can't answer this question. Get a lawyer to help you out.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    You better get a Great Lawyer and let him handle it. Let us know if we can help.
    The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
    The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
    Without knowing what the charges are and your criminal history it is impossible to tell you what you are looking at as far as sentences. However, that being said, they are not going to go away. You need to hire an attorney to file a Motion to Recall the Warrants and schedule a hearing, where you will have to turn yourself in, the Judge will most likely set a bond.
    See an attorney, and do not speak with the authorities or anyone else about the issues until you do. Beyond that , you have provided insufficient information to form any other opinion.