How much jail time will I have to serve after turning myself in because of a warrant? 1 Answers as of February 16, 2011

I was put on doc probation about 3 years ago in Washington on an assault charge. After I got out of jail I moved to Montana without my probation officers permission. I just got back to Washington today and want to turn myself in tomorrow to take care of this warrant. How much time do you think I am looking at? I haven’t been in any trouble since leaving.

Doc Sanctions are generally 30 days per violation. In your situation, you may have two violations; one for leaving the state and one for failing to report as directed. However, if you have stayed law-abiding, that may be considered. The worst part is you may not get bail so they will let you sit in jail for up to 72 hours before seeing a judge. You might just call your CCO and get a feel for what he or she has in mind in terms of sanctions. You may be able to work something out short of turning yourself in.