How much jail time will I face for not turning myself into the police? 10 Answers as of August 04, 2011

How much time will I get for not turning my self in? I got the warrant for not going to probation this is my first time. In Stanislaus county. First time with probation.

Your lack of cooperation with probation and the courts will be one of factor of many that will be considered in determining your ultimate sentence.
Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It depends on several factors.
You will be in jail for up to three days until you can go before the Judge in your case. If you have a good reason for not fulfilling your probation requirements then probation will be reinstated if not your may do the time on the original offense.
It's probably no big deal if you just get in touch with the probation officer, apologize, and be sincere about wanting to get back on the right track. Good luck.
Law Offices of James A Bates
Law Offices of James A Bates | James A Bates
It depends on what you are on probation for. The time hanging over your head is based on the crime you are on probation for. If it is your first probation violation, the judge could either give you a warning or throw the book at you. It all depends on the judge.
    No one can predict how much the Judge will give you. Just know that the max is the statutory max of the charge you originally plead to, minus any time that you did do. Your best bet is to have a lawyer appear without you to recall the warrant. This is routinely done by lawyers and the Judge may not think much of it and give you no punishment for the FTA.
    There are a lot of factors that will come into play on this. There is potential jail time but only an attorney that is familiar with your case and specific facts can give you an accurate answer.
    None, unless charged with flight to avoid prosecution. You do face penalties for probation violation, including potential revocation of probation and return to jail on the original sentencing. That is up to the Judge, DA and Probation Dept as to what to do to you and with you. Your attorney will try to defend you. Get one.
    You should contact an attorney that handles criminal matters in Stanislaus county and is more familiar with the courts and probation department there. They would have a better inclination on an estimate as different courts may handle these matters differently. Some attorneys offer free initial consultations. Good luck.
    Just schedule a court date and keep it. If you were previously represented, see that attorney. He/she can generally get you in court faster. Warrant is out until you appear .