How much jail time is my husband facing on a possession of firearm by a convicted felon charge? 4 Answers as of April 19, 2013

My husband recently picked up a possession of firearm by a convicted felon charge from the state. The state dismissed it 3 months later and the federal police picked it up. He now remains in federal custody. He hasn't been in any trouble on 12 years. How much time is he facing?

five years in prison.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Federal sentencing depends on whether your husband is found guilty, his prior record, which might trigger mandatory or enhanced penalties, how serious these are in the court's eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Conway Law Pllc.
Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
A lot depends on his record pursuant to the guidelines.
Cannot tell be he clearly needs an attorney who will be able to give you a prediction after understanding all of the facts. Call for an appointment.