How much jail time am I looking at for a warrant issued on a drug possesion charge? 6 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I was charged with a felony drug possession charge required to do prop 36 classes. A warrant was issued for failure to appear. How much jail time am I looking at?

It depends on how much time was hung over your head when you pled guilty. You need to contact your attorney, ask about the suspended time, and try to simply get reinstated in Prop 36.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Go back to court and asked to be reinstated in the program.
The warrant is a small issue. The criminal charges are not. When charged with a felony, you potentially face one or more years in prison if convicted
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
If you are looking at a straight drug possession charge, and not something along the lines of possession for sale, the maximum sentence would be three years state prison.
Unless you have been kicked out of the program with 3 failure, none. Put yourself on calendar. Tell judge you really want to do the program. If you are having funding problems, say so. If you are really addicted and having stay clean problems, say so and suggest an evaluation for a live in program.
    There are a lot of variables left open here. Depending on the situation, it is possible for an attorney to negotiate a "no jail" deal with the Court. Call me if you would like to discuss in further detail.