How much income do I need to have in order to petition my sister and my mother? 3 Answers as of September 09, 2014

I am a lawful permanent resident and about to apply for US naturalization this September. Do I need a joint sponsor, how do I do that process? How long would it take to get them? Note my sister is handicapped. She can't hear, talk, and walk straight she needs to be with my mom all the time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Your sister will take about 15 years; your mom about 3 years. But she will obviously have to wait until your sister gets approved. It will be less time if your sister is under 16.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
When the foreign national applies for the immigrant visa, you would need to submit an affidavit of support. The law requires that your income exceed the poverty level. If you don't meet those requirements, you would need a co-sponsor.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/9/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You cannot petition for your mother or your sister until you become a United States citizen. You must understand that your mother and sister will not be able to immigrate to the United States at the same time due to visa classification. You can find the income requirements on Form I-864P.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/8/2014
Click to View More Answers: