How much does a patent search cost? 3 Answers as of October 18, 2010

How much does it cost to have a patent lawyer do patent search?

Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Generally about $1200 up to $2000.
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
Patent searches vary in cost from attorney to attorney, but it is same to assume they will cost $500-1000.
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
Patent searches vary depending on the time involved in the searching. We use a Washington D.C. patent attorney to perform our searches. Sometimes, I (a patent attorney of 30 years) do the searches myself using the internet which is usually less expensive than our Washington attorney. Please let us know what your invention is by completing our Inventor's Testimonial by going to our website and clicking on "Patents" and click on "Download our New Client form". By completing the Inventor's Testimonial you are creating evidence which can be used in Court to prove when you conceived your invention and when you reduced it to practice. If you contact us, we can contact you with specific price information based on what is to be searched.