How much does a patent pending cost? 3 Answers as of October 26, 2010

How much does a patent pending cost?

Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Depends a patent pending means that a provisional, a design or a utility patent has been filed. These vary from about $700 to $10,000
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
You can be patent pending with a provisional application, which can cost as low as $1000. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
The cost depends on the type of patent: design, utility or provisional, as well as the complexity of the invention. I recommend making a written summary describing of your invention, the problem is solves (or goal it is accomplishing and how it solves the problem differently than previous designs. If you mark it "confidential" and submit it to me, I will provide you with a cost estimate. I also recommend completing a Testimonial of Invention which I can email to you or is available on my web site. I can also provide you with written information about patents-just call my office and let us know what you need.