How much does it cost to file a case in federal court for copyright infringement? I don’t pay my internet but the cable company damaged my computer. 1 Answers as of February 10, 2017

I do not pay for the internet service, but the cable company damaged my computer while hooking it up to the internet. Partly because it looks to me by the way they stole my books files. In the end they left my computer with all my book files deleted. In small claims court I would like them to pay for the damages to my computer. What can I ask them to pay for? If I sue in federal court for copyright infringement, if I lose, do I have to pay for the cable company's legal costs?

Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
There is no copyright infringement involved. As to damage to the computer, a cable company hooks up cables to a customer's house or apartment, not to a computer. You say you are not a customer, so why would they be hooking up cable? None of this makes any sense at all.