How much does it cost to consult an attorney if you wanted to draft a legal agreement? 3 Answers as of July 11, 2013

How much does it cost to consult an attorney if you wanted to draft a legal agreement? Where can I find more information on the costs associated with legal agreements?

Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Usually, there is no set cost. Many attorney will perform the workbased on their hourly rates, which can vary. You may "shop around" for attorneys' hourly rates and inquire as to the approximate amount of time it will take to prepare the document, including the office interviews and necessary communications with you.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Many attorneys, myself included, will give a free consultation. Impossible to quote a price on a legal agreement without knowing the facts and the type of agreement. I just finished a consulting agreement at a cost of $475. I have done agreements for less and some for thousands involving the purchase and sale of a business.