How much does it cost for bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of November 23, 2010

I can not pay my debts anymore and it is very hard for me. How much does it cost for bankruptcy?

Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
Assuming you are eligible to file a Chapter 7, you will have a filing fee of $299.00, plus two on-line courses that will cost around $75.00. Attorneys fees will vary...I charge $1,500.00 flat fee as an example. Most clients of mine who qualify for a Chapter 7 stop paying those bills they know will be discharged. That usually helps free up the money needed to pay the fees and costs needed to file for bankruptcy. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
George Hoselton Bankruptcy Attorney
George Hoselton Bankruptcy Attorney | George Hoselton
Costs vary depending on what chapter you are filing. You should call an attorney in your area and see if they offer a free consult. Then get a quote when they have all the facts of your case in front of you.
The Shakoori Law Group
The Shakoori Law Group | Rachelle Shakoori
It varies case by case. An experienced attorney will give you a quote after hearing your specific case.
Every attorney has a fee and those also vary by county. We have a fee between $1500 - $1750.
Royzman Law Firm
Royzman Law Firm | Natella Royzman
The filing fee for a Chapter 7 is $299. If you want the assistance of an attorney (which is always a good idea), I have seen a wide range in the greater Los Angeles area spanning from around $500 to $3,000 or more. It really depends on the complexity of your particular case, the attorneys credentials, and the amount of personal attention you can expect to get.
    Maclean Chung Law Firm
    Maclean Chung Law Firm | David H. Chung
    Bankruptcy costs can vary to a wide degree. The filing fees are $299 and there is usually a credit report fee also. We work to make bankruptcy possible for our clients. We have flexible payment plans, and you can get your bankruptcy started for as low as $200.00. Contact us to find out about our bankruptcy fees.