How much does the average bankrupty cost? 3 Answers as of October 16, 2010

I have about $60,000 in debt and I make less than $30,000 a year. I do not own anything except for my car which probably blue books for under $1,500.

Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
There is no average cost as it depends on whether you file in pro per [by yourself], with the assistance of a document preparer, or hire an attorney to represent you. Remember that only a licensed attorney can give you legal advice and guide you through this complex process. Your minimum cost will be your filing fee of $299.00 and mandatory pre-filing credit counseling and post-filing financial management courses as required by the court.
Every attorney has their own fee but it should be around $1750.
Builders Law Group
Builders Law Group | Nick Campbell
It really depends on your geographical area, the level of service, which type of bankruptcy (you sound like a Chapter 7 candidate), and the demand between attorneys (i.e. competition). Although I've seen less, nationally the average for a Chapter 7 is about $1,500 to $2,000 plus filing fees.

Feel free to contact us if you wish to learn more about our fees and the services we provide.