How much do I get for my settlement for a neck/back injury on 01 March, 2012? 28 Answers as of June 27, 2013

Lapin Law Offices
Lapin Law Offices | Jeffrey Lapin
I cannot answer your question ("How much do I get for my settlement for a neck/back injury on 01 March, 2012?") without a lot more information. Each case is different and its value is based on its particular facts. You do not indicate how you were injured as the money you might be entitled to for a personal injury case is different than you would get for a workers' compensation case. For non-workers' compensation cases, a person is entitled to be "made whole" or "compensated" for all injuries and damages they sustained. There are a number of factors that determine what a case is worth. Some of these include, but are not limited to: the nature and extent of the injury; whether an injury is temporary or permanent; your medical expenses; your lost wages; and pain and suffering. If an injury is permanent, you may be entitled to additional money for these items. Another consideration is whether you were partially at-fault for your own injuries. In Nebraska, you can only recover money for a personal injury case if you are less than 50% at-fault for an accident. In addition, if you were partially at-fault that reduces the amount you are entitled to by your percentage of fault. As a simple example, if your case was worth $100.00 and you were 20% at-fault, then you would get $80.00. As you only indicate what parts of your body were injured and none of the other information I would need, I cannot provide any estimate as to what your case might be worth. I would suggest talking to an attorney about your case to learn more about its possible settlement value.
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC | Jeffery Robinette
Accident victims can be compensated for economic damages: actual dollar losses such as medical bills, lost wages, and lost future income earning ability. Pain, suffering, humiliation, loss of enjoyment of life, and grief over the loss of a loved one are some of the non-economic losses for which a person may receive compensation. Punitive damages are also awarded in rare cases which serve to punish a defendant for extreme negligence and serve to deter future similar conduct by that defendant and others.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
Much more detail on facts of accident and nature and extent of injury are needed before estimating claim value.
Mike Yeksavich | Mike Yeksavich
There is no set amount.
Wild Sky Law Group, PLLC
Wild Sky Law Group, PLLC | Roxanne Eberle
Without more facts, it is impossible to answer your question. Case values depend on how the injury occurred, the nature of your injuries, the quality of your medical care and how well you have recovered - as well as other factors like whether there are good witnesses in the case.
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC | Louis J. Meyer
    Depends on your medical bills, how the injury has affected your life. There are many factors that play into a settlement. That is why you want an attorney to help you maximize your settlement.
    James M. Osak, P.C.
    James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
    You get nothing until you can PROVE your injuries with legal and medical documentation. If you file it can take from 12-18 months minimum . . . even longer if the defendant objects. Each case has it's own value. It depends on all of the above. There's NO magical formula involved.
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo | Mark Leonardo
    No attorney can answer that question in a vacuum. There is no magical formula that a back or neck injury X dollars. There is a plethora of factors that go into the value of a case liability, medical treatment, loss of earnings, affect on your life, diminished activities, etc. Without knowing all of the facts, no attorney can answer this question.
    Tenge Law Firm, LLC
    Tenge Law Firm, LLC | J. Todd Tenge
    Your injuries and case as a whole are serious enough for you to actually hire an experienced personal injury attorney to make sure you are fully compensated. It is really next to impossible for me to "guess" about the proper measure of pain and suffering damages in your situation without knowing much, much more information. Any decent injury firm would be happy to provide you with a free, no obligation initial consultation. I encourage you to take advantage of that, at a minimum.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You need to provide far more info. Liability, medical bills, paybacks and liens, permanency rating and more.
    I have no idea without knowing far more facts than your question offers....your question is like saying "How much should I sell my car for" without telling me the year, the make or the model, and the accessories.
    WARM SPRINGS LAW GROUP | Elliott D. Yug
    That is not a simple question to answer. You have to look at the settlement amount then deduct attorney fees and medical expenses. The settlement amount will depend on insurance available, your medical bills, wage loss, etc.
    The Smalley Law Firm, LLC | Cary Smalley
    That depends on numerous factors such as the facts of the incident, your specific injuries and your medical bills and any lost wages. I suggest that you consult with an attorney to discuss the specific details of your situation.
    Craig Kelley & Faultless
    Craig Kelley & Faultless | David W. Craig
    It is impossible to tell from the limited information you have provided. Each case is different. The value of the case is based on many factors. Some of these factors are the following: (1) how clear is liability:(2) What is the neck injury:(3) what treatment was or is necessary:(4) did you lose wages (5) how does the injury effect your daily life (6) is your condition permanent.
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
    Consult with a personal injury lawyer for a complete evaluation of your case.
    Peacock Law Group of the Lowcountry, LLC | Richard Peacock
    IN SC, this is a very fact specific question which would require much more details to properly answer.
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    It depends on how much your medical bills were and if you lost of wages because you could not work. If the injury is permanent.
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C. | Robert Kelly
    The amount of money it takes to compensate a person for a personal injury from the fault or intent of another is a question of fact which depends on a multitude of circumstances, including the extent of the injuries, the intensity of the pains, and the duration of the effects.
    Are you afraid to tell me anything about your injury? It depends on the question of liability, the force of impact, the property damage, the confirmed injuries, the amount of medical care, the cost of medical care, the opinions of the doctor , the insurance company involved and the attitude of the adjuster, and whether you have a lawyer who is willing to fight for you and whether his reputation as a fighter is known by the insurance company.
    Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.
    Joel H. Schwartz, P.C. | Steven A. Schwartz
    It truly is impossible to give you an estimated value of your claim with the little facts given. Did you treat for your injuries? What was your diagnosis? Strain? Herniated disk? How long did you treat? Are you still treating? Any permanency? Surgery? Lost wages? How did the accident happen? Is it clear cut or is the other siding fighting? Etc,
    Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
    There is no formula for compensation. You will get with your best able to negotiate.
    Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
    Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
    That will depend on a number of factors: the extent of your injury, your medical bills, your lost wages, and whether this was filed as a workers' compensation case or a personal injury case. We need more information to properly answer your question.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    $7,500 less costs.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    How much you get depends on a number of factors, some of which include: whether liability is clear, how much insurance coverage is available, how much your medical bills are, how much you have in lost wages, whether your injury is permanent, how it affects your life, etc.
    Assessment of an appropriate settlement requires detailed analysis of liability and damages, including application of legal principles, evidenciary factors, medical documentation, out of pocket expenses, calculation of future losses and experience in your jurisdiction as to likely range of prospective jury awards. To answer the question properly, one would need extensive examination of all the evidence, particularly the medical records. My guess is that you have a lawyer who is not giving you a definite answer as to how much recovery can be expected. There are reasons for that. BTW, you did not state what your injury is, or how you got it.
    A billion dollars. You gave no information, and so no one can answer your question.
    Fairlie & Lippy, P.C.
    Fairlie & Lippy, P.C. | Steven Fairlie
    There are no preset amounts. It will depend on the facts of your case - in great detail - and the skill of your lawyer.