How much compensation is expected on either settlement or jury verdict on a car accident? 11 Answers as of July 08, 2013

He was injured by a speeding car while he was going to his office in Summit, New Jersey. He has fractured left wrist. He underwent two surgeries to recover and underwent physiotherapy until a week ago. His doctor bill is around $65,000.

Lapin Law Offices
Lapin Law Offices | Jeffrey Lapin
Although you list "Nebraska" as the State, the accident you describe occurred in New Jersey. You do not mention any Nebraska connection to the case. I am not licensed to practice law in New Jersey and, as such, cannot provide an answer to your question ("How much compensation is expected on either settlement or jury verdict on a car accident?"). I can only answer questions involving Nebraska, a State I am licensed to practice law in. I would suggest re-asking your Question and choose "New Jersey" as the State rather than "Nebraska."
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC | Jeffery Robinette
There is no one-size-fits-all formula for determining what your recovery should be. Your attorney will consider all aspects of your damage, insurance law and coverage issues, as well as off-set amounts for Worker's Compensation, ERISA, and Medicare reimbursements. Your attorney's specialized experts can determine future lost wages and medical expenses. Other factors that may help determine value are: who was at fault and the severity of damage and the extent and duration of injuries. Accident victims can be compensated for economic damages: actual dollar losses such as medical bills, lost wages, and lost future income earning ability. Pain, suffering, humiliation, loss of enjoyment of life, and grief over the loss of a loved one are some of the non-economic losses for which a person may receive compensation. Punitive damages are also awarded in rare cases which serve to punish a defendant for extreme negligence and serve to deter future similar conduct by that defendant and others.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
Talk to the attorney who has all of the evidence. No attorney? Hire one.
Koning & Jilek, P.C.
Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
The amount is unknown.
Speeding car? Was this a pedestrian case? If so, questions about the facts. How did it happen? People don't get paid automatically because they are injured. They get paid because someone is careless or reckless. They have a duty to look out for their own behavior.