How much can I expect to receive from store for injury? 11 Answers as of April 15, 2013

I received an eye injury when a checkout clerk picked up some of the wood materials I was purchasing and while holding them, turned and swung them toward me and one injured my eye. I have medical expenses and loss income. I am self employed.

It sounds like you may have a case. It is worth what you can prove are your damages. Damages include medical bills past, present and future FOR INJURIES FROM THE ACCIDENT. Lost income, incidental losses, and pain and suffering. The burden is on you to prove what you are entitled to receive.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
It is very difficult to answer such a question. I have handled cases such as blinding in one eye due to a defective product which of course would be a much bigger settlement than a scratch or a black eye. Was the injury to your actual eye, or to the skin and/or bone around the eye? There a many factors that go into the "value" of a case and an attorney needs to know a lot of information before trying to evaluate the value. I'd be happy to discuss your case with you if you like.
Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.
Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C. | Tanya Gendelman, Esq.
It's impossible to give you a proper figure without evaluating your medical records.
Depends on Medicals and injury.
Richard E. Damon, PC | Richard E. Damon
There's no way in the world to tell without reviewing all your medical records and billings, all informaiton about how the incident occurred, interviewing all the witnesses, etc.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
    It depends.
    Stephen A Harry, P.C. | Stephen A Harry
    The amount of money damages depends on the amount of injury. Did you lose your sight or will there be any long term disability in regards to your sight? The medical treatment should be covered as well as any long term treatments that you may need. The store will carry insurance for these kinds of accidents, but you need to retain a lawyer before you go too far with trying to settle the case. The order in which you deal with the store will make a difference in any kind of settlement.
    Sedin Begakis & Bish | Mindy Bish
    There is no way to answer this question without more information about the injury, amount of medical bills, and any long lasting injury which resulted.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Medical expenses plus a few thousand for lost wages. The biggest mistake self-employed victims make is wildly overstating lost income. Be prepared to show your last tax return if you claim $500 per day lost income, plus one eyed people work every day, so don't exaggerate or try to make up for bad business the last few years.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    You tell us that you have an eye injury, but you don't state what the injury is. You tell us that you have medical expenses and loss of income, but you don't say how much. Assessment of an appropriate settlement requires detailed analysis of liability and damages, including application of legal principles, evidentiary factors, medical documentation, out of pocket expenses, calculation of future losses and experience in your jurisdiction as to likely range of prospective jury awards. To answer the question properly, one would need extensive examination of all the evidence, particularly the medical records. Many people use this site to ask what their case is worth. Our answers are always: Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in your area. That is the best way to get the best settlement in your case
    Sapiro Gottlieb & Kroll | Lawrence Kroll
    There is no way to answer this question from the information provided. Damages are based on many factors. The most relevant of these are whether the Defendant is liable for the injuries, the apportionment of fault between the parties, the nature and extent of your permanent injuries related to the accident, whether you have had prior or subsequent injuries to the same part of the body, how much time you lost from work, the nature and cost of your medical treatment, and whether you have any other out of pocket expenses.