How much are you fined for failing to yield at a controlled intersection, resulting in a accident? 16 Answers as of June 28, 2013

I was cited for failing to yield at a controlled intersection, therefore causing a wreck. No one was injured, but both cars were damaged. I also have no auto insurance, and I am making payments on the car. I hadn't even had the car a month. What is my next step?

I do not know the fine amount. You can contact the court to find out. Except for going to court and hoping to get a minimum fine, there is not much else for you to do except to wait to see if the other driver sues you. The other driver's uninsured coverage will probably pay he damage, but the insurer would have a right to sue you to recoup its money. The DMV may also suspend your license if you do not pay the property damage claim.
The fine depends on the judge who sets it.
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC | Robert Morrison Lucky
The fines for traffic violations vary depending on where the fine is given. You will need to call the number listed on the bottom or the back of the citation to find out how much your fine will be.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
There is no set fine. It would vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. As for no insurance, you will have to continue paying on your car and have to also pay to get it fixed. Since you were the cause of the accident, you may also be liable for the damages to the other person's car.
Not clear. You get a ticket for failing to yield? If so, that is usually just a costs of court type situation you ought to pay the other guys damage dso you can tell the DA that it is taken care of. If so he may dismiss the case. on the other hanbd if the other driver is there raising cain he may prosecute you.
    Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
    If you have a ticket for this offense its generally around $140.00 fine and 3 points.
    Mike Yeksavich | Mike Yeksavich
    Get insurance, pay the fine and stop driving until you can lawfully drive.
    DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C.
    DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C. | Dean T Jennings
    Plead "not guilty", stipulate to the admission of the ticket into evidence, offer no defense and whereupon the Judge will find you guilty. The fine should be about $ 100 plus costs of approximately $ 75 or so. This way the other party cannot use the ticket plea against you if you are sued.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Timiney Law Firm
    Timiney Law Firm | Leigh Anne Timiney
    There will be a fine involved for the citation you received. To determine the amount of the fine, you can look up on the Internet the exact statute you violated and that will give you the amount of the fine associated with that violation. The statute number will be listed on your citation. It will begin with A.R.S. In some instances, in Arizona, you are entitled to attend traffic school instead of paying the fine. There is also a charge to attend traffic school, but the cost of traffic school is most often less than the cost of paying the fine outright, and with traffic school you do not have any points on your license. You can contact the court where your citation was issued and inquire about traffic school and whether or not you are eligible. I assume you were also issued a citation for no insurance. If you actually did not have any auto insurance at the time of the accident, you will be stuck paying a fine for failure to carry auto insurance. In Arizona, this fine usually runs about $500 for the first offense and you risk having your license and registration suspended for up to three months. With respect to the damage to both vehicles, if the other driver had auto insurance to cover the damage to their vehicle, their insurance company could seek "subrogation" from you, meaning the other driver's insurance company could come to you and seek repayment from you for the amount they spent fixing the damage to the other vehicle. With respect to the damage to your vehicle, there is not much you can do. Without insurance, you are really on your own to handle any repairs to your car.
    Lapin Law Offices
    Lapin Law Offices | Jeffrey Lapin
    Although your question does involve an automobile accident, your question is really a criminal question. I do not practice criminal law so I cannot answer your question. I would suggest re-asking your question in the "Criminal" and "Criminal Defense" Law Areas.
    Law Offices of David M. Blain
    Law Offices of David M. Blain | David Blain
    If you received a citation then the amount of the fine should be stated on the ticket. It also appears you are at fault for the wreck and are therefor responsible for the damages to the other person's vehicle. You're still also responsible for your car loan regardless of the fact that the car's been in an accident and is damaged.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    The citation is probably a two point ticket, but you will have other issues such as driving w/o insurance, which could result in suspension. Further if you are sued, you will have no coverage and no protection from judgment and seizure of assets.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    It should either say on your ticket, or you need to call the number provided on the ticket to get the fine information.
    Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
    Pay the fine and consider yourself lucky. It is a crime to drive a car without insurance in Michigan.
    Tannehill, Carmean & McKenzie, PLLC | Jay P. Carmean
    If you received a traffic citation for "failure to yield" then the ticket should have the name and the number of the court on it. The court clerk should be able to tell you the amount of the fine.