How many years can a driver's license be revoked for after one DUI? 2 Answers as of September 23, 2015

My husband received a DUI in Wisconsin in 1998. He did not get a lawyer at the time and his Illinois license was taken away. After a year, he made several attempts to get his license back using a public defender and then an attorney and was denied. He has not driven a car since then. Is there any way to get his license back with or without an attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
He should first visit a Secretary of State office, informal hearing ?officer, to find out what requirements are necessary to obtain a Restricted Driving Permit, or full reinstatement of his license. He probably will need an alcoholic evaluation, and will have to complete any recommended treatments, submitting proof of completion of them. ?He probably can ask for an informal hearing for license reinstatement after doing the recommended educational or treatment. ?He does not need a lawyer for informal hearing, but of course, i would recommend hiring one, as his chance of winning at hearing may be better with one.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/23/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Yes, he can have a license reinstatement hearing at the Secretary of State without an attorney, although I do not recommend it.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: