How many times can I bankrupt? 10 Answers as of March 03, 2016

Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
You can file a chapter 7 bankruptcy every 8 years if you want to. Given average life expectancy, you could end up filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy 7 or 8 times in your life, if you start early enough. Not that I would advise it.
If the question is how many times can you file a bankruptcy petition, the answer is that there is no limit. There are, however, some disadvantages to successive bankruptcies. Some of them: You must wait eight years after filing a Ch. 7 in which you got a discharge until you can file a new Ch. 7. Four year wait if your second petition is under Ch. 13. Two-year wait from one Ch. 13 to the next. If you file a second time within 12 months, you must also move the court to extend the Automatic Stay past the 30-days which it lasts in the Bankruptcy Code. If you file a third time within 12 months, you must move the court immediately upon filing the petition for the imposition of the Automatic Stay otherwise it does not come into existence at all. Now help yourself a great deal by hiring a skilled bankruptcy lawyer. It's almost always a good investment. Good Luck.
You can file a Chapter 7 every 8 years.
Rhymer Law Firm
Rhymer Law Firm | William Rhymer
There is no set number of times someone can file a bankruptcy case. Whether you are eligible to get a discharge in a particular case depends on many things such as: type of debts owed, amount of debt, your income, the equity in property you own and your history of previous bankruptcy filings. It would be wise to get a free consultation from an experienced bankruptcy attorney. I hope this helps.
Law Office of Michael Johnson
Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
There is no limit on how many times, it just may be when you can refile and for what.
    Eranthe Law Firm
    Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
    There is no limit on the number of times that you can file. There are only so many discharges that you can receive. You must wait 8 years between filing chapter 7 bankruptcies. You can file a chapter 13 after your chapter 7 discharge if 4 years have passed. There may be other reasons to file besides getting a discharge (like a lien strip or student loans) and I would advise you to see a local knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney for advice specific to your situation.
    Chapter 7 once every eight years. You can file a Chapter 13 four years after filing a Chapter 7 to receive a discharge of debts.
    It depends on how long you live, how many times you find yourself in need of bankruptcy, and what types of bankruptcy you are eligible to receive. No one size fits all answer to this question.
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
    You may file chapter 7 every 8 years. You may file chapter 13 two years after discharge.
    No limit but they must be at least 8 years apart for Chapter 7.