How many people does my husband need to sponsor him? 7 Answers as of January 26, 2011

I want to know since I am on SSI, how many people do I need to sponsor my husband? He is in Morocco we have been married since 3/8 /2010.

One additional person can sponsor him besides yourself but that person's income must be in excess of 125% of the Poverty Guidelines for the sponsor's family size plus one (your husband) and must also be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
You alone could sponsor him if your income is 125% of the U.S. Poverty Guidelines for a family of your size.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
If you do not have enough income, you just need to find a co-sponsor who has enough income to sponsor him.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
He needs only one if their income is sufficient.
You have to look the instructions to Form I-864 and also to Form I-864P to determine how much the Co-sponsor has to make to qualify to sponsor your husband. The amount depends on the size of the co-sponsor's household and how many other people he may have sponsored. If one sponsor qualifies you do not need additional sponsors. Both forms can be found at USCIS.gov under the FORMS tab.
    Pauly P.A.
    Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
    If you do not qualify as a sponsor due to the lack of income or assets, then he would need one qualifying joint sponsor. The national poverty guidelines would require the joint sponsor to demonstrate at least $18,212 annual income (for a two person household; or $20,950 and $22,762 in Hawaii or Alaska respectively). This is, of course, a very general answer and does not take into consideration your personal situation, and can in no way substitute proper advice from an immigration attorney, which is strongly recommended.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    The answer is not a number of people, but how much does the other person need to earn. If the petitioning sponsor, in this case you, doesn't make sufficient income, then a joint sponsor is necessary. That person needs to earn enough to cover him or herself plus however many dependents are on his or her tax return plus the intended immigrant. You need to look at the poverty guidelines that are attached to the affidavit of support form on the USCIS website.

Here is the link. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf