How many extensions can I get to finish my drug class completion? 8 Answers as of November 01, 2010

I just need one more extension to finish my pc1000 classes. Two more weeks and that is it. I have already gotten two extensions. Should I worry about anything? I will be done next week.

As many as the court will grant. Usually they are very hard to get. You have already used up your normal allotment. You better have excellent cause, enough to convince a judge.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Generally the judges are petty lenient on that, especially when you are that close to completion. However it also depends on what the judge told you last time in court.
In your case take in proof of how you are doing in the program and the number of classes you have left and the judge will most likely give you an extension.
It is totally within the discretion of the judge to give you another extension. If he feels you have not been diligent he can violation your diversion program and reinstate the criminal proceedings. Complying with your court obligations should be your highest priority.
Law Office of William M. Concidine
Law Office of William M. Concidine | William Concidine
You may have a problem depending on why you received extensions in the past. It also depends on how the court views the prior extensions. If they consider them drug related, they may not give a third extension, however, they may give one last extension if they find good cause to do so. You should consult with an attorney in your county that has experience with the court and/or judge that regularly handles the PC 1000 court to see what is the best way to proceed.
    There is a chance that the Judge can deny another extension. Be prepared to tell the Judge why you need the extra time. Any kind of written evidence that supports your reason will be helpful if the Judge is inclined to deny the extension. Did the judge specifically state last time that he or she would Not grant any more extensions?
    Wise Law Group
    Wise Law Group | Michael J. Wise, Esq
    Generally, as long as you can show the Court that you are regularly attending the courses and are making best efforts, they will work with you unless you have been charged with a new crime or have requested excessive prior extensions.
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    It is likely is up to the program.