How long would it takes me to bring my mom or my brother living in the Dominican Republic? 3 Answers as of April 27, 2011

I am a us citizen, how long would it takes me to bring my mom or my brother living in the Dominican Republic? I understand that bringing my mother is faster but still don’t know how long would it takes.

You need to check on the USDOS website to see what year and month they are processing now. Just follow the link. It is self-explanatory. The link is: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Good luck!
It would take you approx 4-8 months to petition for your mom, on the provision you are over 21yrs. It would take 8-10 years to petition for your brother, as he is not deemed to be your immediate relative. He would be in the 4th preference category, which has a long wait period before the visa number becomes available.
It would take about 9-12 months for you to bring your mother to the US. It will take about 15 years for you to petition your brother to come to the U.S. If your brother is a minor he may be able to come with your mother, be petitioned by her, and remain in the US until that priority date is current.