How long will a warrant and skipping bail follow me? 3 Answers as of August 24, 2013

I was arrested for buying a stolen car but pled guilty to receiving stolen property. I was bailed out of jail for $25,000 (I paid half of my 10% [$2,500] though) but I left the state (California) for work since I was homeless. Is there a statute of limitations on this? Also I missed a liability court date and two traffic court dates since I was out of state, is there a statute of limitations on this as well? I have a child on the way and want to know if I should worry.

Yes you should worry. Those warrants do not go away and you will be arrested anytime a cop has the opportunity to do so. Perhaps you should be more attentive to your responsibilities if you are so concerned about your child who is on the way.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need to get this behind you. They can follow you for 10 years or more. You could be arrested wherever you are and held in jail until CA decides to bring you back or not, probably no. This could result in more than 30 days in jail awaiting CA's decision. The last thing you want is to get a traffic ticket taking your wife to deliver the baby. You will probably have your license suspended until you get the failures to appear resolved.
Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
If you leave the state, the statute of limitations tolls, meaning it does not continue to run until you re-enter the state.