How long will they approve my green card? 5 Answers as of August 01, 2011

I have been married almost two years in 9-3-2011 and the immigration didn't aprove me yet. My question is that if they aproved me after the 2 years marrige, I will get 2 years green card or 10 years green card?

10
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You will probably get the 2 year green card if you applied before your two year anniversary, but you may be eligible for the 10 year green card. The question is, how long has the petition been pending? And why?
count how long married when you filed the I-485 (not when approved), to determine whether you get conditional green card or the permanent one.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
If your case is approved after the two year anniversary of your marriage, you are a permanent resident, not a conditional resident, so it should be a ten year card.
They should approve you for the 10-year card, but you need to follow up if they give you conditional residence, as this is a common error.