How long will someone get for felony theft in Tennessee? 1 Answers as of January 19, 2011

I live in Nashville, TN.I had someone visit me for the holidays. While house sitting, He took my car without my knowledge and went to my home stole over 3,000 dollars worth of belongings and sold them for drugs. He also somehow got my car stolen (so he says) also. We made the report together for the theft of my car, he mostly talked because I did not know what was going on and he only gave me pieces of the story. After the police officer left is when he told me about him taking my belongings and about his cocaine habit. He the same day left to go back to the state he resided in which is GA. I filed charges on him, but I am not sure if he will be charged for the car since we made the report together. Is there a way to get a case against him also for the car? The lady at the police station says he will get arrested for Felony Theft, how many years is that? Will he be brought back to Nashville to serve his time?

Theft over 1,000.00 carries 2 to 4 years. Do you want him in jail or on probation and forced to make restitution to you.