How long will the petition process take to get my daughter a green card? 3 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I am a US CITIZEN, I would like to petition my 27 yr. old daughter. Se has a tourist visa that expires on 2018. She is not married and no kids ..approximately how long does the process take?

I don't know how long it is going to take for either you or your parents. But you will have to look at the USDOS Visa Bulletin from time to time to see where your parents and you are (will be) in the process. The link there is http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5452.html. It is pretty self-explanatory. She will be in the F3 category as USC child over 21 years of age. Good luck!
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Depending on what country she is from it will be at least 6 or 7 years, and possibly more.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You can file the petition now but she will have to wait until there's a visa available according to the Department of State visa bulletin. It could be around 5 year. It's very important that she does not get out of status in the US.