How long will my mom have to wait before she gets permanent residence? 7 Answers as of October 08, 2013

I'm a permanent resident but my husband is a citizen and we are filing jointly for my mom. How long will she have to wait before she gets through?

Your husband is not eligible to petition for your mom; only you can, and you will only be able to do that once you are a US citizen.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Your petition will be denied, and the filing fee lost. Your mother will have to wait until you become a U.S. citizen and file another petition.
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
You will have to wait until you become a US Citizen in order to sponsor your mother for permanent residence.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You cannot file for your mother unless you are a US citizen.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Your mother can only apply through you once you became a US citizen. She cannot apply through your husband.
    Honestly, I will be surprised if they accept your petition. Your husband is the citizen and it is not his parent. It is your parent and you only have a green card and thus cannot apply for a parent. Once you have your citizenship, then you can apply on her behalf and it will happen very quickly. There maybe a loophole, but I do not know it.