How long will my boyfriend serve time if he was charged with 13 robberies? 11 Answers as of March 22, 2013

He had people drive him and someone was with him. Will that affect the time he needs to serve?

I would need further information to answer such as the exact section of the law of each charge ( there are different degrees of robbery ). He should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
He will be gone for a while.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Sentencing depends on whether he has been found guilty, his prior record, how serious these are in the courts eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
He will probably serve many years in prison. Prison is mandatory for armed robbers in Michigan.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
Thais is a question for his public defender but he is going to get a long prison sentence if he is convicted. Are you planning on staying with a man who robs people for a living? Do you think that is a good decision? Do you not see a problem with wanting a violent criminal as your life partner? Do you feel safe with him I think your question should be, "Should I wait 10 years until my boyfriend gets out of jail and not date other men?" I am not judging you, I am asking you to think about it and choose wisely who you date or marry.
    He was a major actor in a serious series of crimes. Every state has different sentencing procedures, but I can assure you, if he is charged with so many different robberies, he will be spending a lot of years in the gray bar hotel.
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
    A long time is the best that anyone can say on the basis of this information. Much more information is needed, such as, was there a weapon or firearm involved? Was anybody injured? Are there any gang enhancements or other aggravating circumstances? What is your boyfriend's criminal history? Is he on probation/parole? So much more goes into sentencing questions he really. A robbery in California carries a maximum possible punishment of 5 years in state prison (without any enhancements), and is considered a violent felony under the "Three Strikes" laws. His maximum exposure for 13 robberies (and no other aggravators) would be 17 years of which he would do 85% or about 14.5 years! It is impossible, as I have said, to anticipate that this will be the ultimate result, but it is a very serious situation and he should have a very good lawyer to assist him.
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
    Law Office of Michael E. Dailey | Michael E. Dailey
    Long enough for you to get a new boyfriend that doesn't commit multiple felonies.
    The answer would require a full review of his case. Any sentence would be impacted by the nature of the crime, the number of charges on which he is ultimately convicted, and his past record. It does sound as if he faces significant prison time. He must retain experienced defense counsel.
    In Alabama, it could be a very long time. 10-99 years on each.
    Halprin Law Office
    Halprin Law Office | Richard Halprin
    All felony charges in Michigan are covered by sentencing guidelines which encompass a variety of factors including those that you recited above.