How long will it take to immigrate my sister and her family from Canada? 2 Answers as of May 05, 2011

How long will the process take? I am a US citizen and want to bring in my married sister and her husband and two children, how long will it take?

How long is anyone's guess. It takes a long time, but what you want to do is check the USDOS's visa bulletin at this address: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5424.html. Your petition will be in the family category 4 for your country (either 1 of the 4 listed or the 2nd column from left). It will take the same amount of time for her husband and kids if they are still minor by the time she gets her immigrant visa. I will guess it will take 7 to 12 years, so get started. Good luck!
It will take several years after you file the first step of the process so you should file that as soon as possible. Go to my website. Click on visa bulletins. Open the May bulletin. Scroll to the family chart. Look at the 4th preference box. When the filing date of the first step appears here, your sister and family will be able to process their green cards.