How long will it take to get a warrant lifted? 2 Answers as of April 22, 2011

A friend of mine had charges pressed against him and a warrant was issued. It took almost a month for it to come out. The lady ended up dropping the charges, so how long should it take for the warrant to get lifted?

Warrants are valid until and only if they are quashed by the court. It is up to the prosecutor to drop the charges. The complaining witness can voice their opinion and encourage the prosecutor to do so, but in the end it is the call of the DA's office. If the prosecutor ends up dismissing the criminal charges, then the case will be dismissed against you. If there is a warrant out for your arrest, I would suggest consulting with an attorney and consider turning yourself in if there is a case pending against you. That is the only way the matter will ever get resolved.
Thank you for your inquiry. A warrant can be immediately lifted either by a Judge or the police department. The request should be repeatedly made to motivate the removal of the warrant. I hope this was helpful.