How long will it take to get US citizenship? 4 Answers as of April 19, 2011

Once I get my green card (f2b petition-Philippines) then I want to apply for a US citizenship but how and how long does it usually take? is there any new rules and new laws at this time? someone said that you have to live there at least 5 years straight to get a US citizenhip? thank you guys in advance and have a nice day.

Yes, 5 years is correct in your case. Good luck!
You need to reside in the US for four years and 9 months as a resident before you can apply for US citizenship.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Unless you are married to a US citizen, the requirement for citizenship is 5 years of lawful permanent residence. You must have at least half of that 5 year time physically present in the U.S. which means no breaks of over 6 months within the 5 years prior to applying.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
The first day you arrive in the US with your immigrant visa will be your date of admission. You have to wait 5 years minus 90 days before filing for naturalization.