How long will it take to get my husband residence if I a US citizen already? 17 Answers as of September 11, 2012

He is in Mexico and has never entered the United States. We have a child together who was also born in the United States.

The process will take about 9-12 months.
Hanna Legal, LLC
Hanna Legal, LLC | Jen Hanna
Sponsoring a spouse from another country generally takes about a year from start to finish.
7-12 months. Email me as indicated below and I will advise the forms and fees and process to get him here. Has your son obtained a U.S. passport?
Around 12 months.
It is hard to tell since they are processing visas from 8/1993 right now. You can see it yourself at http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. But we have been able to do it within about a year through Cd. Juarez. However, you should always go by the Visa Bulletin. In any case, you should start the process right now.
    It generally takes 6 months to a year from the time that you start the process. He will have to go through consular processing. I suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze you case, advise you of your options and help you with the process.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    6-12 months, typically, if everything is submitted properly, and he is not otherwise inadmissible.
    Abigail Law Firm, PLLC | Meghan Abigail
    It would probably take around a year, if you are very organized, but can take up to a couple of years depending on how quickly you move with the process. That is good that he has never entered the U.S., but I recommend having an attorney review his complete eligibility. Good luck!
    Law Office of Grady G Gauthier | Grady G Gauthier
    The process takes about 8 months to a year if your husband has no prior immigration violations or criminal record. I am available to assist you with this process or contact another immigration attorney of your choice.
    Gilgannon Law, LLC | Stuart D.P. Gilgannon
    If you are married already, the process will usually take around 9-12 months from Mexico.
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    From what you have described it will be around six months to a year. You will need to file an immigration visa petition for him now if you have not already.