How long will it take to get my husband into the United States? 3 Answers as of February 27, 2011

I am a US citizen and am married to an Indian citizen. I already filed for him from the United States. I want to know how long will it take and what are the steps we have to take before he can come here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
It takes approximately 7-12 months. Three steps: 1) I-130 with supporting documentation; approved I-130 to National Visa Center in new Hampshire - DOS forms and fees collected there along with original documents; 3) case scheduled for interview and shipped to consulate you designated with instructions to complete the medical.

If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case or would like assistance in representing you to maximize chance of efficient processing, feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
File an i-130, and there is a long wait.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/23/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
The first step is to file an I-130 petition. Once you have the receipt you should also file and I-129F Petition for a K-3 (not K1) visa. You can proceed on both, and they finalize the one that is approved first. Once the petitions are approved the file is sent to the NVC for either immigration visa processing (if using the I-130) or K3 (if using the I-129F petition). The process time from filing to interview will be 9 to 15 months.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: